Why is Pilates so beneficial during and Post Pregnancy?
Pilates is a form of exercise, consisting of a series of physical movements for mobilising, stabilising and strengthening the entire body. Pilates focuses particularly on muscles of the stomach, back, hips and shoulders. It targets deep stabilising, postural muscles, helping to correct muscle imbalances and improving overall symmetry.
Allowing us to move the way we are designed to move. Making movement more efficient, whilst toning and strengthen the body as well as improving body awareness.
The Pilates principles can be applied specifically for pregnancy & birth preparation as well as perfect for post pregnancy restoration.
Benefits of Pilates
Pilates offers immense health benefits to your body & mind, such as:
- Re activating and developing a strong core / center / powerhouse
- Improving posture, by strengthening weak muscles and lengthening tight short muscles
- Relieving back pain, a mobile spine spreads the load of movement
- Increasing strength, endurance and stamina
- Improving stability, balance and co-ordination
- Helping to restore stability & strength post pregnancy
- Relaxing and focusing the mind, great for de-stressing and the flow of endorhpins